At least 9.5 kilos, though Pete and I have reason to feel like he has definitely gained a whole lot more weight after the visit to Dr Jessica.
At least 75cm
Last month I noticed 2 pramolars appearing at the bottom gum surface, but now believe it or not, they are gone! So total teeth count is now back to 8.
Ethan is taking almost everything we take now, i.e. adult food. He actually prefers rice to porridge, and I no longer cook porridge for him during weekends. If we eat out, he takes whatever we take, and if I cook at home, he’ll take the same food as we do. I am pleased to say that he LURVES Mommy’s cooking! 🙂 Last week, I cooked Too-Thor-Th’ng(Pork Belly Soup) and he gobbled it down with glee! He’s also recently been introduced to a host of other new foods, among them siew-mai and yogurt, which he absolutely adores! I found the full-cream yogurt that is suitable for kids (Fernleaf CalciYUM), and bought them for him. Believe it or not, he even knows how to request for it! He will come over to either Pete or me when we are eating our yogurt and go, “Mum mum mum MUM MUM!!!” while reaching for ours!
When we go to Innira’s, I’ve also given him his rice with just an teensy bit of curry and he is okay with it too.
One thing Ethan dislikes though is baby food from jars. He will have absolutely none of it. No pureed pear or prunes, no juice and certainly no yogurt from jars. Our little boy is selective and only wants freshly prepared food.
- Ethan is finally able to drink from a straw, and does so with gusto, although lately he has sometimes been rejecting the straw, preferring instead to drink from a normal adult cup. Yes, I’ve been training him to do so since a few weeks back, and since we haven’t gotten him a cup of his own, I let him use my ceramic one. It’s kinda heavy so I have had to hold it for him while he drinks. He spills just a little of the water on his front while drinking and would you believe it, yesterday, he even grabbed the whole cup from me, and held it to drink all by himself!
- Ethan can walk pretty confidently now, teetering on the brink of running. No more careful stances with extended arms trying to balance himself whilst walking. Nowadays, he loves to walk while swinging his arms. And he even knows how to steady himself if he is about to fall!
- Calls me “Ma-meh” and calls Pete “Di-deh”. Ethan is blabbering a lot these days and is showing signs that he will talk very soon. He loves forming syllables with his tongue and can carry on a “conversation” with us, albeit very funnily 😛 He has learnt to say “mai” (“don’t want” in Hokkien) – when I try to brush his teeth, he will say “mai mai mai“. Last night in an attempt to give him water instead of milk when he woke up at 11:00p.m., he pushed his sippy cup away and angrily said “mai mai mai!” SIGH.
- Knows his way around our house very well now…errr…too well, sometimes. He loves opening cabinets (note to self: need to fix the cabinet stoppers this weekend) and finding interesting stuff inside.
- Every morning, when Pete has his breakfast, Ethan will walk over to him and place his head lovingly on his lap, as if to wish his Daddy “Good Morning!”
- When Pete plays the tickling game with him, Ethan will walk really quickly in an attempt to escape. He will hide behind me or behind my legs. Sometimes, if he is cornered by Daddy, he will bend low in order to avoid being tickled…or…he will move behind Daddy so that Daddy can’t see him to tickle him.
- Ethan is learning to share 🙂 When I feed him pieces of bread for example, he will peel off portions of the bread and tries to feed me. He will pass an item to Pete or me (for instance, a greeting card or toy block) and smile while doing so. Pete and I will reply, “Thank you!” and Ethan will repeat the entire process all over again. When I give him a drink from a cup he will gulp down several sips and then push the cup towards me, motioning me to take a few sips too!