Feels like 11 kilos, though I believe he is only 10.5 or 10.6kilos. Eats non-stop but cannot put on weight much. Must have inherited Pete’s genes there.
Haven’t measured him recently, but perhaps about 85cm, at least?
Sixteen (I think): 8 incisors, 2 canines (upper) and 4 pramolars (2 upper and 2 lower) AND I recently noticed the whites of his bottom two molars. No sign of his lower canines yet (another thing he must have inherited from Daddy).
- Able to walk on tiptoe pretty well. According to the baby guide book, a toddler is only expected to do this at 2.5 years. 🙂
- Running strides are much bigger now, and it is becoming harder to keep up with him.
- Loves to stand up on the high chair after he is *done* with his meal, making it very difficult for us to have a nice quiet meal outside.
- Sometimes he is able to stand on one foot without support. Still unsteady but getting there.
- Slowly but surely learning how to handle the fork and spoon without spilling. Most of the time he makes a mess, but I have noticed a few times when he successfully fed himself.
- Loves to hold the apple and bite on it, just like an adult.
Communication and Social Skills
- Temper tantrums becoming more rampant. When we are out and if he doesn’t get his way, he will kneel on the ground and start bawling. At home, when we say “NO” to his demands, he will crouch on his belly and wail pitifully, sometimes to the extent of screaming.
- Knows the signs for the following new words:
- Words he has inconsistently said:
- “Chi-toh” (“play” in Hokkien)
- “bee” (change channel on TV)
- Queensbay Mall …. (hehe…okay la, sometimes he says something that sounds like that when we are approaching the mall)
- Can point to at least three body parts when prompted, his favorites being his nose, his mouth and his eyes. Still loves pointing a lot, as opposed to expressing himself verbally.
- Loves to look at toddlers and children who are older than he is, but is uncomfortable with younger babies.
Food and Feeding
- Ethan is completely weaned from the breast. Even after I changed his diapers in the baby room in Jaya Jusco, he did not rush into the breastfeeding room like he used to. Takes about 3 feeds of Pediasure daily, each feed about 5-6oz, eating other solid food too. I’m so happy his favorite is my homecooked claypot chicken rice!
- Eating a lot lately, hopefully he’ll bulk up a little soon.
Not toilet-trained yet, but I am starting to try and put him on the toilet seat when I see him straining. I bought the Bruin padded toilet seat for him and he absolutely loves it! I’ll be getting one for Mrs Tan to use too. Yesterday, Ethan successfully did his business while sitting on the throne. No mess! And I praised him sky high. Boy was he delighted!