Not much weight increase from last month (I think)…although lately he does appear to be “bigger-sized”. Must get him officially weighed in at our next visit to the PD (maybe next week).
Haven’t measured yet, but he seems to be able to reach more things now.
Sixteen (or maybe eighteen): 8 incisors, 2 canines (upper), 4 pramolars (2 upper and 2 lower) and 2 molars (bottom); maybe 2 molars on the top too. Still salivating a lot.
- Attempting to jump and hop, especially when watching the kids in the Barney DVDs hop and jump. Ethan will climb onto the sofa and move his entire body up and down, but both his legs don’t come up at the same time (yet).
Communication and Social Skills
Yay! New words, and some old ones too:
- Buh-bye! (done while waving goodbye)
- Two!!! (It’s happiness for all when he points to the number 2 and says that, but then we realize he refers to ALL numbers and alphabets as TWO. LOL. Even now when we go to Queensbay Mall, he will run to the big 4 on the fourth floor where we park and say “TWO!!”. Of course, we’ll say, “No Ethan, that’s FOUR!” I believe he will catch on soon.)
- Star (he does this with and without prompting. Sometimes he would notice STARS we would not even see, and so these days, when we go out, Ethan would sometimes say “Star!” and we’ll start looking for it)
- Snow (learnt from Baby Shakespeare)
- Nenno (for milk)
- Baby (all babies and children and kids are “baby” to him, even those older than him. He constantly say “baby” now when he sees one of the above)
- Wee! (sometimes he will refer to the number 3 as “Wee” but it’s not very consistent)
- Teevee teevee teevee! (while propping himself on the sofa waiting for the TV to be turned on)
- Tatai (Baby Einstein)
- Can recognize more body parts and is able to point to them on request: nose, ear, mouth, teeth, toes, tummy, fingers.
- Can point out pictures in his book (flowers, banana, teddy bear and chair)
- Can give a particular animal block when requested. So far, he has mastered the cow, the pig, the horse and the goat.
- Can play “roll the ball” back and forth, but again, it depends on his mood.
- Skills at kicking a ball has improved tremendously. Very accurately done.
- Ethan is slowly engaging into the imitation mode where he copies what is being seen on TV, e.g. runs to the door and tries to knock and open it when he sees someone doing it on TV.
Food and Feeding
- More food going in and less food landing on the floor.