Last weekend, we visited a friend and coincidentally there was also another baby at the house. I was asked how old Hannah is, and when I said “8 months”, there were gasps all around. Turns out the other baby is close to a year old, but Hannah looked a wee bit bigger than the baby.
Did not measure but should be close to 10 kilos now.
Getting taller and taller!
Teeth (yup, she has some growing!)
2 bottom incisors, and 2 more at the top are sprouting, I believe!
- Can crawl really well now.
- Attempting to cruise.
- Loves to hold on to things for support and stands up, e.g. the couch side, cot side, wooden toy, Ethan’s toy train…you get the idea…
- Casting (throwing) of objects has started.
- Getting harder and harder to bathe her because she will want to stand up or crawl out of the bathtub!
Communication and Social Skills
- She sometimes responds/*talks back* to her brother when he *scolds* her or takes her toys away.
- More pronounced verbalization of sounds. I’m hoping she’ll call “Mommy” any day now 🙂
- Can wave hi and bye. I’ve also caught her waving to her reflection in the mirror.
- Can give a high 5, well…more like a low 5. I offer her my palm and she’ll high/low 5 it! 🙂
- She is usually independent enough to play on her own, provided there is someone around in sight. Will cry if she does not see anyone around.
- Hannah has learnt the art of smiling into the camera when prompted. 🙂
Food and Feeding
She’s on Mommy’s milk 100% and is taking a little bit of solids too. She has a solid meal once a day in the evenings, but it is more for tasting rather than making her full. She takes a combination of any of the following now:
- Rice cereal + EBM
- Pureed pear
- Pureed apple
- Pureed carrot
- Pureed potato
- A little bit of water.
Her favorite right now is Pureed carrot + rice cereal + EBM. I normally add some rice cereal and EBM to the fruit/vegetable purees to make it creamier in texture.