Did not measure but should be close to 10 kilos now.
Getting taller and taller!
4 incisors (2 top and 2 bottom)
- Stands unsupported for longer periods of time, sometimes smiling and raising hands in jubilation, a la “Look Ma, no hands!” pose
- Able to take one step and then sits down on butt 😛
- Can pull herself up from seated position to standing and then can very slowly, unsupported, lower herself down again.
- Able to squat.
- Unlike her brother, Hannah has the ticklish massage feeling; when I give her her body massage after her night bath, she will giggle uncontrollably.
- Loves to roll around the bed with her brother.
- Loves to roll around on the bed, suddenly sit up and then very quickly make herself fall backwards with a big PLOP!
- Able to climb up stairs (shudder!).
- Is always trying to *escape* from diaper changes. I’m running out of toys for her to hold when she gets changed!
- Can shape her fingers into numbers 1 (pointing position), 2, 4 and 5!
Communication and Social Skills
- Can sometimes point to her nose when I ask her, “Where is your nose, Hannah?”
- Can respond to “Hands up” instructions when I am undressing her.
- Stops whatever she is doing when we say, “No Hannah!”. She will look at us, and then sometimes she will stop completely or continue doing it (as if to test us) 😛
- Voluntarily claps her hands when she hears some nice music. Can respond to verbal instructions to clap her hands, in English and Mandarin.
- Blabbering and raspberry-blowing continues.
- Is able to imitate movements. e.g. when we point at something, she will also point at the same thing.
- Hannah is very attached to us, especially to me. She will cry out when I leave the room, and stop crying when I reassure her.
- Is fascinated when anyone (Ethan, especially) recites numbers.
Food and Feeding
She’s on Mommy’s milk 100% and is having her solids for 2 meals a day now (if I can help it). Thanks to the fabulous invention of the slow cooker, I am now able to cook her porridge before I head for bed, and have the porridge ready for her by lunch time the next day. Hannah normally eats more during lunch time.
New foods she has been introduced to include:
- Bayam (Heng chye) , of which she didn’t really like
- …and just a few days ago, CHICKEN!
She appears to love her chicken porridge a LOT! And of course, she loves papaya too!
I don’t puree food anymore, not even the chicken. I just steam it and mince it into tiny pieces and shreds and then freeze it into cubes. And then I use them in her porridge. Little Miss Bulat loves it! 🙂
Oh, and she drinks her water directly from a regular cup (the purple one with her name on it) – of course I have hold the cup for her!