11.3 kilos, as measured in doc’s office on Dec 10 2010.
Around 82 cm
13 teeth: 8 incisors (4 top and 4 bottom), with 2 pramolars appearing on the right side (top and bottom), also 2 canines starting to appear at the top jaw, and 1 canine on the bottom right.
Hannah loves to imitate what her brother does, especially…so it comes as no surprise that she loves to climb: on chairs, our couch, and even tables!!! (gasp!) She’s also starting to learn how to jump.
She can drink by herself from a sippy cup, sometimes she prefers to drink from a regular cup, but I will normally put just a little bit of water, so she does not get drenched.
Communication and Social Skills
- I’m seriously losing track of all the new words she is learning every day. Hannah can speak in really short meaningful sentences now, e.g. “Mommy come!”, “Daddy help”, “Ethan, buhbye!”
- She has also begun picking up more and more multi-syllable words, like “rabbit” (although the way she says it makes it sound like “Brad Pitt”), “Jungle Junction”, “small scratch”, “bubble”
- Oh yes….and NOW she can clearly say, “DADDY” (instead of “Dehdeh”) …making Daddy ever so proud 🙂
- Because she is parroting a LOT, she has also begun learning how to count 1 – 10, thanks to Ethan. 🙂
- Hannah is beginning to exhibit signs of the “terrible twos”. She will throw a tantrum and scream and cry when she doesn’t get her way.
- She’s also showing a strong sense of determination (much like Mommy :P)
- Hannah loves taking a shower, and will willingly stop doing anything she was doing, when I announce that it’s time to bathe.
- She loves to sing! We’ve caught her several times, just trying to sing nursery rhymes her own way, like “Old MacDonald”, “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”, and also the “I Love You” song from Barney. Oh yeah…her favorite character from Barney is Baby Bop!
Food and Feeding
Hannah likes to feed herself, but she makes a mess most of the time. Although she seems to take to food very well, there are some times when she just won’t eat, perhaps due to moodiness. But she will typically take the same type of food we take. Unlike her brother, who prefers chicken when we have our chicken rice, Hannah seems to prefer the char siew (barbecued pork). She’ll specifically ask for “pork”.
Hannah is still breastfed and she still asks for “milk” especially at night.