January kit from Digiscrap’mania Shop
Stitching from Plentiful kit from Shabby Princess Designs
Brackets from Basic Chipboard Alphas from Dani Mogstad
Sweet Serenity Alphas from Shabby Princess Designs
Have not weighed her since the last weigh-in in December, but she might have put on a little bit more weight now, so maybe 11.4 or 11.5 kilos.
Slightly more than 82 cm
15 teeth: 8 incisors (4 top and 4 bottom), with 4 pramolars appearing on the right side (top and bottom) and left side (top and bottom), also 2 canines starting to appear at the top jaw, and 1 canine on the bottom right.
Hannah started lifting both feet from the floor and making small jumps a few days ago.
She loves playing with jigsaw puzzles and will attempt to complete them on her own.
Communication and Social Skills
- Hannah definitely knows more than her expected 20 words for a typical 22-month old (Source). And she’s stringing words together to make requests and statements too. She can also answer simple questions, like when we ask her, “Where did Ethan go?”, she’ll say, “Ethan skool”; or “Where’s Daddy?”, she’s reply, “Daddy ofees!”
- She is very musically minded, in that she is able to pick up the tune and certain words of a song, with ease. Just the other day, I started singing, “Jesus loves me, this I know” to her, and she managed to mimic some of the words and the tune almost immediately. When I showed her the actions for “God is so good”, she followed me almost immediately.
- She is a pro at requesting for us to sing certain songs for her: “How I wonder” or “Star” refers to “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” (in fact she can sing this song almost entirely on her own now), “Baa Baa” is self-explanatory, and so is “E-I-E-I-O”. There was a time when we were in church and at the point when everyone was quiet, Hannah said, “E-I-E-I-O..quack quack here and quack quack there!” *faints*
- Just like her brother is a drama king, she is a drama queen. Lately when we take her out, and if the sun hits any part of her body, she’ll scream, “HOT!”
- She is very affectionate and shows affection readily, be it to her soft toys, or to close family and friends.
- She’s also very stubborn and determined to do things herself. When we volunteer to help her by saying, “Let Mommy help?”, she’ll shake her head and say, “NOooooo!!! Hannah help!” She’s attempting to put her sandals on by herself and buckle up her safety belt by herself too.
Food and Feeding
Hannah continues to show that she loves food. And whenever she sees us eating something she has not seen before, she’ll say, “Try!”, meaning she would like to try it. At home, I allow her to experiment and feed herself with a spoon and bowl whenever I can.
Hannah is still breastfed and she still asks for “milk” especially at night. Sometimes when she asks for “milk”, I’ll tell her Mommy does not have any more milk. She’ll ignore me of course and insist there is “some more”.
To ease her bowel movement, Hannah is also on an occasional diet of prunes. She loves them, so I ain’t complaining! I’m also supplementing her diet with chewable chocolate-flavored Calcium & Magnesium, besides the regular Vitamin C.