12.3 kilos as weighed in at doc’s about 4 weeks ago.
She still wouldn’t open up her mouth long enough for me to count accurately, but from what I could see/estimate, Hannah now has 16 teeth: 8 incisors (4 top and 4 bottom), with 4 pramolars appearing on the right side (top and bottom) and left side (top and bottom); also 2 canines starting to appear at the top jaw, and 2 canines on the bottom jaw. Her 4 other pramolars might have already started growing, but as mentioned, she wouldn’t open up wide enough for me to see.
- Hannah is a handful when we dine out. She will sit and eat when she is hungry, but she she is full and restless, she’ll announce, “I’m full. I wanna walk.” And then attempt to climb out of her high chair.
- She can put on her sandals by herself (bravo Hannah!), although sometimes it is on the wrong side.
- Hopping and jumping skills have improved. She can also manage jumping on the trampoline! Since March, I’ve started taking her to the parent-toddler class once a week, and it has certainly helped to hone her social skills, as well as her motor and creativity skills. She looks forward to each session and cheerfully participates in all the activities, especially the music and movement ones.
Communication and Social Skills
- Beginning to show more and more of a stubborn personality, no thanks to genes from both Mommy and Daddy. Uses the words “No!” and “No want!” (don’t want) when she wants to tell us what she wants. But she also uses “Yeah” and “Yes”, so it’s a healthy balance.
- Can carry on simple conversations with Ethan. It’s really enlightening to see them communicate. Of course, they also fight sometimes, but that’s a whole other story.
- Hannah’s vocabulary continues to increase exponentially as she mimics and parrots almost everything Ethan says (especially). Interesting words and phrases she says are, “Mother Goose!”, “Queensbay Mall!”, “Gurney Plaza!”, “Fatty Loh!” and “I no-no” (I dunno).
- Some of her pronunciation is not that clear and accurate yet, but it’s good enough for us to understand what she means.
- Hannah is also polishing up on her manipulation skills. Sometimes when we want to lead her away from something, and we hold her hand and guide her away, she will scream at the top of her lungs and say, “Uhhh….my HAND!!!”, as though we are hurting her!
Food and Feeding
Hannah is more or less weaned off the breast during the daytime. She will only ask to be breastfed after I have taken my bath at night and when she is ready for bed.
She is able to feed herself rice, porridge or pasta with a spoon, and is able to use her fingers to eat breads and buns.
She can drink quite independently with a regular cup or with a straw.
Loves oranges and papayas, and all kinds of soup.
Loves experimenting on new foods. Once, she saw a small bowl of chilli on the table while we were having dinner, and asked for some. Hannah said, “Try some, please?”, while pointing to the chilli. “No, baby,” I said, “That’s spicy. Maybe next time when you’re older, okay?” She looked at me and said, “Drink water…” (meaning if it’s spicy, she can always drink water)
- Potty training is still ongoing, and I am not really pushing her. She understands that poopoo should go into the toilet and she says things like “Icky!” when she poopoos.
- She likes to *pretend* to wipe herself clean, but insists that I wash her butt with water after every poopoo.