Actually I think she weighs only about 7.2-7.5kilos, based on our roughly accurate measurement of carrying her on the scale. A little below the average weight but I’m sure she’ll catch up soon.
4 teeth: 2 bottom incisors and 2 upper incisors. Other incisors (top and bottom) coming out soon too.
- Emma can sometimes stand unsupported for a few seconds before sitting or squatting down. Sometimes it is accompanied by w cute “sigh”.
- Continues with cruising around especially at the couch area. She tries to walk but is a little hindered by her sleep-n-plays, which she has to wear due to her eczema.
- Quite a strong and advanced grip and pincer’s grip, and she is very good at grabbing stuff (cups we hold, food we hold, straws), and also, lately she has been dubbed “The Ant Killer”, because of her ability to “hunt down” ants on the floor and press and kill them. Which means we have to wash her hands every so often too!
- Loves to wave her hands around.
Communication and Social Skills
- Says “Baba” and waves her hand usually when we say “Buh bye”.
- Calls “Dedeh” sometimes.
- Understands the meaning of “Stop”. When I say “Stop”, she will stop whatever she is doing, e.g. crawling, touching something, splashing water.
- Getting more accustomed to Daddy being around her. 🙂
- Not sleeping through yet. SIGH. I suspect it could be due to the heat! Her sleeping time is sometimes out of sync with mine too, resulting in Mommy the Zombie days.
- Her skin is still pretty dry, so there is still some scratching, but hopefully it will get better soon.
Food and Feeding
Her diet is mostly 100% on Mommy’s milk, and she does drink some water (either from a regular cup or from a sippy cup), owing to her slight intake in solids. She’s not taken a keen interest in drinking from a straw yet though.
We’ve noticed that Emma seems to prefer fruits and veggies to meats; could this be a vegan in the making?
Some of the foods she has tried this month:
- Egg Yolk (which she absolutely loves)
- Garlic (mixed in to flavor her food)
- A leetle bit of olive oil
- Carrot noodles (She loves this too, and eats it with her hands)