Bible Verse of the Day

Battling Bronchitis

About 2 weeks ago, Emma suddenly developed a fever.  She registered a temperature of 38.2ºC despite being her usual self the whole day.  To be fair, she had a sore throat and slight cough a few days earlier, but she had looked on the way to recovery, so the fever actually took me by surprise.

Anyway, she was very listless because of the fever and I had to quickly give her a suppository to bring the fever down.  She fell asleep but woke up at 3:00a.m. and when I changed her, I noticed her breathing was slightly wheezy.  I promptly took her downstairs because she was fussing a lot probably due to breathlessness, and I gave her small sips of Izumio hydrogen water.  After about half a pack, she fell asleep, and almost instantly all wheezing gone.

The next morning, I decided to take her in to see the doctor.  He confirmed that her lungs were quite congested and she would have to undergo some nebuliser sessions.  She had one done right away, and after that the doctor said her lungs sounded better. Had her lungs still sounded congested, he would have to order an x-ray immediately, in case it’s pneumonia.


I strongly believe that Izumio had helped Emma healed somewhat and prevented her from getting pneumonia.  What she had was bronchitis, and resulted in shortness of breath, wheezing and some cough.  She had to go on a course of oral antibiotics unfortunately, and nebuliser sessions twice a day for about 3 days (morning and night).  The doctor told us that her fever would go up and down during the next few days while she recovered and we were to bring her in again if the fever still persisted after 3 days.  The doctor also said her appetite might be affected if she was still short of breath.

The fever never went up again. And she ate like a champion. (Must have been the Izumio again) 🙂

Emma continued to heal and get better, and while the first few days of feeding medicine was stressful, I finally found out that all it took to feed her medicine was that she wanted was to sit up on the chair and fed straight with the syringe….just like a big girl.  So no need to hold her or cradle her….well, so much for all the stress and worrying!

She is now completely healed, praise God…and her cough and phlegm were gone within 5 days, which is remarkably fast, judging from past experience.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *