During his recent Hepatitis A jab and checkup, his weight was around 11 kilos. SIGH…and I thought he would be heavier.
Didn’t get to measure.
I’m very sure he has 8 teeth at the bottom (4 incisors, 2 pramolars and 2 molars); that’s cuz I managed to look this morning. He’s missing the 2 canines at the bottom though, like Daddy. At the top, probably 8 or 10 teeth (still cannot see clearly, especially the back). I’m guessing 4 incisors, 2 canines, 2 pramolars and 2 molars. So 18 in total.
- Attempted to hop on the trampoline. I was so tickled at the sight, I forgot to videotape it.
- Can pull open the fridge on his own. Note to self: need to get one more child-proof lock for the fridge.
- Can buckle himself up while in the high chair. Discovered this when we were dining in Friday’s. He can’t unbuckle though, which is a good thing.
Communication and Social Skills
- Still quite shy at times, but I’d say it’s selective. He wasn’t shy at all when the parish priest came a-visiting just 2 nights ago. In general, Ethan does not like it when adults give him TOO much attention, like if people stare at him and talk to him in a childish singsong manner. If he is left alone, he will approach you. After all, we too do not like people staring at us, right?
- More new words now, though not stringing into sentences yet. I am very pleased to be able to categorize Ethan’s new words into sections now. The way he says these new words is just so adorable, all of them with an intonation that goes higher in the end.
Ethan is able to name some of his body parts now, the rest he recognizes by pointing. He will respond when we ask him, “Where is your <insert body part here>?”
- Noe (Nose) – He goes “Noe” while pointing to his nose. The other day he did something, and I reprimanded him by saying “No, Ethan!”. He paused for a moment, looked at me, then pointed to his nose and went, “No?” You just gotta laugh.
- Ah! (Eyes) – He doesn’t point at his eyes (scared of poking them I guess), but he sometimes blinks.
- Tee (teeth) – points and shows his pearly whites
- Tub (tummy)
- Feet – he’ll wriggle his feet
- Toe/Toes – When we say “touch your toes”, he’ll do so 🙂
And he can point to the following upon request:
- Peeg (pig)
- Go (goat)
- Hor (horse)
- Dog/daw-dawg (dog)
- Baa (sheep)
- kwuck-kwuck (chicken) – this one cos I tell him the chicken goes cluck-cluck
- quack-quack (duck) – no prizes for guessing how he learnt this
- Eh-papa (elephant)
- But-tah (butterfly)
- Bah (bus)
- Car – very good pronunciation, this
- Bottoo (button)
- Air-purl/ah-purl (apple)
- Wee (tree)
- Tahb-ta (truck)
- Poon (spoon)
- Wa (clock)
- Tahb-tahb (drum)
- Puh-ta (pizza)
- Hau (house)
- Botter (bottle)
- Bank – said while signing “bank”
- Ah-purn (Open) – he’ll run to the door and go “Ah-purn?”
- Cook – When he sees me at the stove preparing some food, he’ll go “Cook?” and point that he wants to be carried up so he can see what’s for lunch/dinner.
- Blow – this one complete with blowing action. He will imitate the blowing action when Barney tells the story of the Three Little Pigs too.
- Thump (jump)
- Smile – done with the sweetest smile ever!
- Kah (cut)
- Bay (bathe)
- Ra (run)
- Tack (stack)
Pssst….is it obvious that I have been jotting down each and every word as he says it? 😆
- Alphabets and Numbers
Still doing a lot of “two” and “two-ah?” but sometimes he will say “twee?”
Alphabet-wise, he is picking up here and there. I think he can pretty much recognize “O”, “T”, “M”, “B”, “P” ; sometimes “V”.
- Shapes and Colors
He can recognize and vocalize the “star” and the “square” (single syllable) shapes. The rest like “circle”, “triangle”, “heart” etc, he can point out upon request. He says “gwee” (green) when we are stopping at the traffic lights and waiting for it to turn green.
Food and Feeding
- I’m still in the process of finding out ways and means to get him to eat more. Being the active toddler he is, Ethan needs to substantiate this with more nutritious food.