Dried Roses QP from Marie
7.5 kilos as at last well-child checkup on 8/15. Slightly below the 50 percentile on the weight-for-age chart.
66cm as at last well-child checkup on 8/15. Slightly below the 50 percentile on the height-for-age chart. However, her head circumference of 44cm is above the 50 percentile.
2 bottom incisors.
- Emma can crawl forward slowly now. It helps when we place a little toy in front of her so she has a goal to reach. We find that it is easier for her to crawl when her legs are not covered in her sleep-n-plays. She sometimes does commando-crawl on her tummy, but sometimes she is slowly trying to crawl on her hands and knees too.
- Emma can sit unsupported for longer periods of time now. She loves to splash at water in the bathtub during bath times.
- She can pull herself up to standing and sometimes half-standing position, either in her crib (using the railings) or when we hold her hands.
- Her pincer’s grip is getting stronger and steadier.
- She loves to balance herself on her side with both legs extended sideways.
Communication and Social Skills
- Emma is beginning to make the sound “Mmmm” or sometimes she will just say the letter “M” when she wants me. Lately I think I have heard her say “Mama…” 🙂
- She loves it when we sing and clap our hands.
- Continues to be a very smiley happy baby.
- Constant moisturizing of her skin is essential, at least 4-5 times a day, in the process of healing her eczema.
Food and Feeding
Her diet is mostly 100% on Mommy’s milk, although she has tried several types of food thus far, albeit in small quantities. Some of the new food that she has tried are:
- Dragonfruit slices
- Grapes (just sucking on the juice)
Her pediatrician has also recommended that we start Emma on a daily dose of 1ml multivitamin. In addition to supplementing her diet, it would hopefully also help to heal her skin more quickly.