Our third (and final) day in Anaheim was supposed to be a short one, because our flight out from LAX to HKG was at about midnight that day. However, our plan of waking up extra early to get a headstart on all those Fast Passes with our Magic Morning entry went up in smoke when we all slept in. Fatigue and exhaustion from the previous days and all that jazz.
Nevertheless, we made do with the time we had and since the kids placed priority on the Radiator Springs Racers ride (at California Adventure Park) they had missed the day before, we headed straight for that one. Unfortunately the Fast Passes for that ride were all taken up and the wait in line (without a Fast Pass) would be about 1.5 hours.
I suggested that they just go for it, since we had no choice anyway. The queue would definitely get longer and longer as time wore on anyhow. So Pete, Ethan and Hannah proceeded to wait their turn, while I took Emma for a walk. Good thing they did too, because the queue became longer and longer as time wore on…in fact, it was more than 2 hours when they were done!
Anyway, my time alone with Emma wasn’t too bad. There was a very comfortable child care center, complete with nursing room, changing tables, child potties and sinks not too far away. There was also a similar-styled baby room in Disneyland.
I loved that:
- Each individual diaper-changing station had a fresh stack of paper liners for the diaper changing table. Very hygienic!
- Each diaper-changing station was also padded along all four sides, and the place where baby would be laid down was on a lower level than the edges. I thought this was a very useful and preventative measure to ensure baby does not roll over and fall over.
- The room was tastefully decorated in baby prints.
- There was a sink and soap provided, together with paper towels.
- They also had little potties for smaller kids. Definitely cozier than the adult restrooms! Only Hannah *qualified* to use these little potties though.
On hindsight, there should have been a few of these rooms in the park, not just ONE for each of Disneyland and California Adventure. But I digress.
After that we hopped over to Disneyland where Ethan wanted to ride on the Matterhorn Bobsleds. More waiting in line ensued as there were no Fast Passes available for this ride. Us three girls went our own jolly way: we rode on It’s a Small World again, and after that Hannah took some pictures with some characters we spotted.
Several more photos before we called it a day and said goodbye to the happiest place on earth: