About 7.5 kilos (weighed at most recent pediatrician well-child visit)
7 teeth: 3 bottom teeth (either 3 incisors or 2 incisors and 1 canine) and 4 upper incisors. Her teething is making her wake up more and more at night, making for an extremely sleep-deprived mommy.
- Emma is still not walking yet, but I’m not hung up on it. We will just let her walk when she’s confident enough. As it is, she is rather adept at exploring on all fours and can pull herself up to standing position very easily too.
- Can climb the stairs on all fours if given the opportunity to do so.
- Tries to get up and escape from her baby high chair when we put her in it.
- Emma loves to play with her toy blocks. She loves it when we build it really high up and she will push the blocks over. She also loves to hold the blocks and gives it to us.
- Loves it when we comb her hair.
Communication and Social Skills
- Says “Deh Deh” for most things but Daddy responds to her every time she says that.
- Loves it when we sing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. She will attempt to do the actions related to the song. The amazing thing is when I noticed her doing this not too long ago, I realize I had only shown her the actions like 2-3 times before. We have a music lover here! 😀
- Puts her hand to her mouth when I say “Give a flying kiss!”, but she’s still polishing her act
- Emma had her Pneumococcal and MMRV (MMR + Varilrix (chicken pox)) shots during her recent visit to the pediatrician. We had to go to a different one this time round because her usual pediatrician had run out of the MMRV vaccine. Highlight of the visit was when the doctor asked Daddy to distract Emma while he gave her the shots in her upper butt. The first shot was administered without so much as a whimper, and the second shot went in without her crying at all too. Doc said she was indeed a “tough cookie”. Daddy said Emma is just like her sister.
Food and Feeding
Emma is still drinking mostly Mommy’s milk with a smattering of new foods introduced here and there.
Some of the foods she has tried this month:
- Grapes – she ate 2 whole grapes at one sitting!
- White pomfret
- Organic rice cakes